Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Chibi-fic: Why Cain Hates Surprises (little spoiler alert)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    (sweatdrop) I mentioned needing a break from the angstfest, right? There was supposed to be a little mini-comic to go with this, but my line control wasn't clicking well enough to make it possible to distinguish three pale-haired chibi-guys in suits from each other and I didn't have the patience to go through redrawing and inking it all, so... ^^;;;

    One mini-spoiler: Later on, Oscar gets himself fixated on the idea of marrying Merry when she grows up some. Cain, needless to say, is far from thrilled about this notion of his...

    --------

    Why Cain Hates Surprises

    (thought bubble: Can't a guy be left to have a bad day in peace?)

    [chibi-Cain moping along with his own personal little raincloud raining on his head...]

    Chibi-Oscar (popping out of nowhere): SURPRIIIIIISE!

    Chibi-Cain (jump-back): GAAH! (sweatdrop, then) Don't DO that!

    Chibi-Oscar (ha ha ha): No such luck, big-brother-to-be! (gee I love torturing him...)

    Chibi-Cain (face in one hand): Only in *your* sick little fantasy world! (For Pete's sake. Just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse...)

    Chibi-Oscar: Well, moving right along -- (ta-da: elaborately overfrosted birthday cake! Hauled in by Riff, who's looking very pained with a party hat on...) Happy birthday!

    Chibi-Cain: (facefault) It's NOT my birthday!

    Chibi-Oscar (half-lidded eyes): You don't say. (The kid's been seventeen for the past nine years!)

    Chibi-Cain: Yes I do say, actually. (Is it my fault my author stuck me on a shelf for a decade while she wrote about somebody else's convoluted life traumas?)

    Chibi-Oscar: Well, anyway, it's high time you HAD a birthday!

    Chibi-Cain: Yes, but--

    Chibi-Oscar: Do you KNOW how much trouble I went through to get this cake put together? You're going to have a party and you're going to eat cake, and (rattling him by the collar) YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE FUN WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT! You got me?

    Chibi-Cain (spiral-eyes): Huh... wha... er...

    Chibi-Oscar: Right, then. (brandishing fistful of candles which he shoves into the cake largely at random) Okay, where'd I put the blowtorch...

    Chibi-Dr. J (jumping out of the top of the cake, wild-eyed): BLOWTORCH? Who said anything about a blowtorch?

    Chibi-Cain (jumping on Oscar's back): GAAAAH!

    Chibi-Oscar (corner of his mouth): Sorry, kid, the only female who makes it from one series to the next is way underage and your sister to boot, so he was as close as I could find to a bodacious babe...

    Chibi-Dr. J (fussing at the frosting in his hair): I swear, you owe me laundry bills for this...

    Chibi-Oscar: Fine, fine. (Like you don't mess up enough of your own clothes with the blood anyway...)

    (meanwhile, Chibi-Cain has vanished off Chibi-Oscar's back into nowhere.)

    Chibi-Dr. J: Wait, where'd he go? You said I could have him for the afternoon! (brandishing a knife) I'm not leaving without SOMEBODY'S eyes in tow, you know...

    Chibi-Oscar (backing off): Hey, that wasn't in the contract!

    Meanwhile...

    Chibi-Cain (huddled in the window sniffling): Why can't he just let me go mope around in peace? All I wanted was to have a bad day all to myself...

    Chibi-Riff (patting him on the head): There there, sir. I'm sure somebody will be along to suitably ruin your day any minute now.

    Chibi-Cain (shimmery eyes): Oh, Riff...

    (glomp)

    Chibi-Riff: Sir, that's not a handkerchief, that's--

    Chibi-Cain (snuffle sniffle blowing nose): ...huh?

    Chibi-Riff (sweatdrop): Well, that *was* my tie. But it's a handkerchief now, I suppose...

    Chibi-Oscar (running through with Chibi-Dr. J hot on his heels): I GAVE YOU THAT KNIFE FOR THE CAKE, YOU MANIAC!

    Chibi-Dr. J: Oh, come on, there are SOOOO many more interesting things to do with sharp implements of pain! (mwahahaa!)

    Chibi-Riff reaches over and slams a door behind them, then dusts off his hands.

    Chibi-Riff: So, where were we, sir?

    Chibi-Cain: Somewhere around here... (glomp sniffle)

    Chibi-Riff (sweatdrop): Right.

    Meanwhile:

    Chibi-Merry: CAAAAAAKE! (hearts and flowers, diving in headfirst)

    Chibi-Cain and Chibi-Riff: (multiple sweatdrops, shared thought bubble) Merry on a sugar high... visions that can give a sane man nightmares...

    ^__^;; wish I could actually draw this instead of lots of clunky-looking chibis... might try again later...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ROTF! Oscar is right! After nine years Cain needs a b-day party! ^___^

    Hehe...I was so NOT expected the doctor to pop out of the cake. 0_0 Glad Oscar doesn't plan my parties. Great story!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *lol* This is very cute. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    adorable! ^_______^-

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^___^ I had a brainstorm last night... Oscar now has a polka-dotted party hat and Riff now has a striped one, and Dr. J's hair is long enough there's no worries. (^^;;; I also figured I'd better spare you as much of my handwriting as possible...)

    So anyhow, here's page 1:

    Page 1

    ed: ^^;; the minute I hit send this morning, my system locked up on me, so I didn't know it had messed up the message window size like that -- sorry! ^^;; Changed it to a link...

    @Lady Elanor: thank you! ^___^ More evilness to come as soon as I get a chance to repencil and Photoshop in the text... ^_~

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 11, 2003 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Risu-chan ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now it's even more cute! *gg* Wow, great work! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The visual just adds to the cuteness ^____^ Can't wait to see the Dr. pop out of the cake XD

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's page 2:

    Page 2

    ^^;; I'm such a geek...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay! The next page is going to have the doctor pop out of the cake!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool! ^_^ Go on!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •